We had a total of 75 complete responses and here's what we found:
Average Cleaning Cost per Rental
Which Markets Vary Significantly from the Average?
Higher than Average: Colorado, Hawaii, Destin, Fla., and San Francisco.
Lower than Average: Gatlinburg, Tenn the Poconos (Penn.), Costa Rica, and Disney/Orlando, Fla.
Types of Housekeepers
- Individual housekeepers tend to be less expensive than housekeeping services or property management companies.
- Owners who clean their own property charge their renters about the same cleaning fee as those who use individual housekeepers.
28% of owners surveyed don't charge a cleaning fee (or they build the cleaning cost into their rental rate).
Of those owners who do charge a cleaning fee:
- 64% charge their renters the exact cost of cleaning.
- 24% charge their renters more than the costs of cleaning.
- 12% charge their renters less than the costs of cleaning.