When you confirm a booking, you should send your renter a copy of your booking confirmation, invoice, vacation rental agreement, and pet policy (if applicable) so they have everything in writing. Your vacation rental agreement outlines what is expected of each party and should help you and your guests feel more comfortable entering into this transaction.
Remember: Do not accept a payment without the completed and signed short-term rental agreement. These forms are equally as important as payment.
It is very important to have your attorney review your rental rules agreement/contract to ensure that the terms and conditions of your contract comply with the state and local laws, as well as with the rules and covenants specific to your vacation rental property's location.
Thank you for choosing our home for your vacation. We hope that you have a pleasant stay.
The property is located at:
City, State, Zip Code
Your confirmation is as follows:
Check-in date: Month DD, YYYY after Xpm EST (No early check-in please)
Check-out date: Month DD, YYYY by Xam EST
Number of adults: ____
Number of children: ____
Your deposit of $_____ is due immediately.
Rental rate and fees are as follows:
$ _______ per night x ____ nights = $_________
Cleaning fee $_________
Sales Tax $_________
Less deposit $(________)
TOTAL Due $_________
The total payment is due on or before _____________.
Please sign and return the attached rental agreement. As soon as I receive your full payment, I will [send the key/provide instructions for entry to the property.]
Thanks, and have a great vacation!
This agreement is a sample form only. You should have local legal counsel review and revise as necessary for compliance with federal, state and local law and your particular circumstances. For your convenience there are options A and B suggested below that you may choose depending on your property or practices. You should revise as necessary to accurately represent your property, rules, features, etc. This agreement is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between _______________________ (“Homeowner”) and _____________________ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: The property is located at:
The property is furnished and includes ________________________________________ [list appliances and other provided items like linens, towels, etc.]
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to X persons. An additional charge or $X per person per night for guests in addition to X will be assessed.
4. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at _____ p.m. on ____________ (the “Check-in Date”) and ends at _____ a.m. on ________________ (the “Checkout Date”).
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a X night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than X days, the guest will be charged the X-night rate.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner..
8. Rental Rate and Fees
a. Deposit: A deposit of $______ is due at least ____ days prior to the Check-In Date.
Option A: The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within ____ days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
Option B: The deposit is non-refundable and applied toward the rental fees.
Cleaning fee $_________
Less deposit $(_________)
____% if cancelled ____ days prior to the Check-in Date
____% if cancelled ____ days prior to the Check-in Date
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Below are some references you may contact to purchase such insurance:
11. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are [personal check or credit card]. If you wish to use a credit card, please provide the following information.
Name on credit card: __________________ Type: _______________
Credit card billing address:_________________________________________________
City_______________________________ State ___________ Zip Code___________
Credit Card Number________________________________________
Exp date_____________ CVV (Security) Code _____________
By my signature below, I hereby give permission to charge my credit card for the amounts above. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
|Signature (electronic or manual)|
|Phone number (during stay)|
[Revise as applicable for your property]
1. Smoking is NOT allowed OR Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed. OR PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
Option B: PARKING – Parking is limited to _______ vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Hot Tub: [No children under the age of ___ permitted in hot tubs at any time] [without adult supervision]. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. [DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement.] Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
10. [Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.] [Fireplaces are turned off from _____________; they are not operational during this time of the year.]
11. [Water and Septic: The [cabin/property] is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to _____________.]
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
-Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
*Use this sample lease agreement form only as a model. Add information regarding your vacation rental property and its hazards and have your attorney review your rental rules contract to ensure that the terms and conditions of your contract comply with the state and local laws.